Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jessica True - Bikini Champion

Name: Jessica True
Age: 33
Ht: 5’5”
Contest weight: 110
Regular weight: 120
Hometown: Georgetown, Kentucky

My fitness journey began in 2002 when my marriage fell apart. I joined a gym for the first time in my life, looking to fill some of my extra time and as a means of dealing with daily stress & frustrations. My body frame is too little to hold the muscle needed for Figure, so I was excited to see the addition of Bikini. In April of last year I joined Team Bombshell and stepped on the National stage.

Some of my highlights are: 1st & Overall – 2009 Bluegrass Muscle Classic, 3rd – 2009 Kentucky Muscle, 1st & Overall – 2011 Southern Kentucky Classic, Top 15 – 2011 IFBB North American Championships.

My diet consists of:
Meal 1 – egg whites & oatmeal
Meal 2 – a serving of fish, sweet potato, veggies
Meal 3 – a serving of chicken, rice, fruit
Meal 4- a serving of protein & wheat pasta
Meal 5 – protein shake
Meal 6 – a steak salad
Meal 7 – a serving of ground beef & a slice of whole wheat bread

My plans for 2012 remain undecided at the moment. I have ordered a suit from CJ’s Elite and I’m thinking I will stay off the National stage this year. I’m contemplating doing some of the local shows that offer more media coverage. Stay tuned!

I would like to thank God for my health, my family, friends & boyfriend for their love and support and Team Bombshell for helping to create the best version of ME.


Editor's Note

As usual, big thanks to today's star, Jessica True, for taking the time to appear on FigureBikini.com. Her resume is quite impressive, but one statement that really made an impact on me, was that of press. It's true! Local shows invariably mean greater publicity for the athlete - something to think about. Jessica is not only a champion on stage, but she thinks in terms of what's best for her career, and I think this is something that just should reach everyone reading. What's a bigger resume bump - Top 10 at the USA's - or - taking a class and overall win at a local show, that's going to get covered on RxMuscle.com (as well as the other sites), industry magazines, and possibly local tv and/or papers??

Another statement I liked from Jessica's feature, was the fact she felt her perfect fit was bikini. I seriously don't like seeing Figure competitors that have Bikini physiques (or vice versa). Each division is distinct.

I hope to see Jessica take the stage in 2012. I'll be sure to include her in some of our future polls and updates. As with everyone that appears on FigureBikini.com - the stage BELONGS to YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment