Sunday, January 15, 2012

Abby Clark -- "I just FOLLOW THE PLAN!"

Name: Abby Clark
Age: 26 Years Old
Height: 5’6 ½”
Contest Weight: 124
Regular Weight: 132
Hometown: Charlottesville, VA

"As a personal trainer and athlete, competing in a physique competition was always a dream of mine. In the fall of 2010 I decided that I needed to make my dream a reality. I began training for Bikini on my own and with help of my husband who is also a trainer and nutritionist. I set a date and committed myself to it.

My first show was April 2nd 2011 at Tanji Johnson’s Vancouver Natural Championships where I placed 6th. I was disappointed with the results, but it did not discourage me to keep going and improving. The following weekend I competed at the Big Sky Championships, a national qualifier, and placed 2nd among some amazing women! I then went on to WIN my class at the Empire Classic a few weeks later.

For the 2012 season I plan on competing on the East Coast and bringing a tighter and leaner body to the stage. My first show is March 31st in NYC, followed by my first National show in Pittsburgh on May 5th. I am very excited to be a part of Team Bombshell and I know I will be bringing an overall better package to the stage by working with their amazing coaches!

My meal plan is now designed for me by my Bombshell coaches. I just “FOLLOW THE PLAN!” haha. An average day would include 6 meals a day, consisting of a serving of lean protein from whole foods like steak, fish, chicken, turkey, and egg whites with a quality carbohydrate or vegetable source. So an example breakfast would be egg whites, handful of berries in oatmeal with flaxseed oil. I also drink tons of water throughout the day.

I am so thankful for my amazing husband, Danny Clark. He has been my coach in all aspects since the beginning and my biggest fan. I truly don’t know if I would have had the strength to come as far as I have without him. I am also very grateful to be a part of Team Bombshell. They are the elite team in the industry and to represent them is an honor. My coaches, Shannon, Rob, Vanessa, and Gen are fabulous! Their tough love is what I need to keep moving forward. The girls on the team are amazing! They are all inspirational and sometimes when I feel weak I simply think of them and boom, I am back in action. Ruthie Harrison introduced me to Team Bombshell and I am so thankful that she has come into my life. I am blessed to have a family, husband, and best friend that fully support my dreams in such a dedicated sport!

I LOVE CJ suits! I will be wearing a new one with some fun upgrades for 2012 and I am so excited to see it! Thank you Cynthia James for making awesome suits that rock the stage!"

Abby Clark

Bonus!!

[From Abby] "I started a blog when I decided to compete to hold myself accountable. Not only setting goals for myself, but announcing these goals online helped me to stay on track. It's really cool to see how I have progressed over the past few months by reading older entries on my blog. It's a great reference for those interested in competing. I share nutrition, training, and lifestyle insight. Check it out at, www.thebikinicompetitor.com



Editor's note

Again, I'd like to thank our guest, Abby Clark, for taking the time to share her story with us at FigureBikini.com. Also, make sure to check out page! As you all know, I'm very big into athletes marketing themselves, and I think today's guest is keen to just how important that is!

I also really love to hear about well-established competitors sharing in their knowledge and/or lending a hand to those coming up in the ranks. Today, the spotlights shines on Ruthie Harrison, who brought Abby Clark in touch with Team Bombshell (one of the most elite organizations in the physique world!). It's this kind of quality sportsmanship that bears the mark of a true champion.

In addition to a very polished physique, Abby is grateful (and rightly so) for what seems to be very a informed and experienced husband. How many competitors not only get that much needed family support at home, but also have a nutritionist and trainer at arm's length? Very cool.

It's good to hear how some people (those I feel are truly enlightened) process defeat and/or less than favorable placings. Some people will whine and pout, others may walk away from the stage indefinitely (if not forever), but the real workhorses -- they'll go back to square one and try again and again and again! Taking a poor placing means nothing! This is sport is about a constant battle with yourself, it's about having a strong nucleus (a team that preps you, that suffers alongside you). If you come to a show and gave it your best, who cares where the cards fall. In time, anyone that gives their all, will get what's coming to them.

I have all the confidence in the world, that Abby Clark (with her great husband, Team Bombshell, and friends like Ruthie Harrison), will go pro in no time! And I know I tend to say that a lot about the ladies I feature -- MAYBE THAT'S WHY I PICKED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment