Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hunnika Rodriguez - Bikini Sensation

Name: Hunnika Rodriguez
Age: 27
Height: 5'1'
Contest weight:105
Regular weight: 115
Hometown: Mount Vernon, Washington State

In early 2011 my BHAG (big hairy audacious goal) was to compete in one bikini competition, right away I knew I needed lots of help so I hired a trainer, nutritionist and joined a team. I originally planned on my first competition to be the in July 2011 but went through some self sabotaging . Soon after I celebrated my "Golden Birthday," and realized that I was the only one holding myself back from achieving my goals, it wasn't easy and was a diffident roller coaster ride of mental barriers and emotions. Plus having never been to see a live competition till the first one I was in made my first experience that much more frightening. But I did it! And ended up doing a total of three back to back placing 1st and overall in all three. Competing this past season has given me so much in return the one thing that I have learned is that you have to believe in yourself and stick to it and it'll happen.

My diet consists of six small meals a day every 2-3 hours. I eat high protein, low cabs with low glycemic index and I drink at least one gallon of water daily.

None of my goals would of became a reality without all the support of from my trainer Juliana Uluave-Gould, nutritionist Pete and Apple Grubs with Construction Zone, Christine Marsh suit designer , Tanji Johnson's Save Fitness , friends and most importantly my parents.

As for 2012 I have bigger personal goals for myself and can't wait to see what the new season will bring I'm aiming for my Pro Card, dreaming BIG.


Editor's Note

There seems to be a lot of great champions emerging from the pairing of Construction Zone and Tanji Johnson's Save Fitness, especially given the fact that both the Figure & Bikini overall champions at the 2011 NPC Northwestern Championships give them serious credit. Speaking Hunnika, I'm very pleased to finally be able to have her here. These ladies are incredibly busy, they work full-time jobs, train hard, diet even harder, and everything always gets down. We should all be inspired by them.

Hunnika brings excellent balance to the stage, with a suit that seems perfectly contoured for her physique. We are seeing less and less of the women that (initially) gave bikini a bum rap. Women like Hunnika have the muscle, they have the shape, and they are clearly showcasing physiques that were clearly developed in the gym. I am very proud to have this great champion on our page! I hope we see much more of her in the future, not to mention, read of many more great victories in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment