Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Breaking the Fast - Champions' Style

Many people often say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and this holds true given the fact that most people (on average) sleep between 6-9hrs per night. The body needs time to recover, and while some bodybuilders may subscribe to the notion of waking up to ingest protein in the middle of the night, I would strongly advocate that people let the whole body rest.

Resting for the body, also means starvation for the muscle, but the body can't run nonstop. Keep in mind, that the second most complex system of the body, is the Gastrointestinal System, and if you're constantly eating, never giving your body a break, what result is that going to have on your overall health? What would happen if you trained every single day with weights? I'm sure it sounds counerintuitive to tell people to starve themselves while they sleep, but you can't have restful sleep if you're waking up to several alarm-clock buzzers throughout the night. Remember, the deeper the sleep, the more restful it is, the more recovery will take place.

Ok, so we've decided you'll sleep. Great! But what to eat when you wake up? I've gone to the champions, from bikini to bodybuilding, to share with you, how they start off their day.


My first meal of the day is at 6:30 am right after my workout and cardio. session.

I usually eat 6 egg whites scrambled up with 1/2 cup of bell peppers and mushrooms; 1/2 cup of old fashion oat meal; along with Vitamin E, Potassium, magnesium and a multi-vitamin. It's just what I need to stay fueled up for whatever the day may bring.

Hunnika Rodriguez


"My meal is about 45 min after I wake up. My training isn't until 4pm so I eat 4 meals before I even go to the gym then the last 2 after I get home.

First meal is 1/2 c oats, 1Tpb and a shake. Love to eat procakes offseason as well. Have to start the day with some sort of protein for sure. Eggs are a staple with me as well."

Danae Zaitz


"First meal is within half hour of waking up. I am eating egg whites with spinach, oatmeal with cinnamon or sometimes pumpkin pie spice and bananas. Fills me up and fuels me for my workout later in the day. I take my first set if vitamins after I'm done."

Jamey Peters


"Yay breakfast talk! Mine is usually 1 tbsp of psyllium husk, then coffee and 5 egg whites with anywhere from 1/4-1/2 cup of oatmeal, cinnamon, stevia, & sugar free syrup."

Karly Woodle


"First meal is about 45 min-1 hour after I wake up and will generally be one of 2 things depending on my day..either 1) 2 whole eggs + 3 egg whites and 2 slices lean turkey bacon..I'll sprinkle calorie-free cheese flavored popcorn seasoning on my eggs, yum! OR 2) 1 cup egg whites with 1 piece of fruit or 1/2 cup Oats w/ cinnamon.

When I begin show prep I'll do cardio prior to eating with some BCAAs but right now I do my cardio after my workout."

Darielle Gaines


"I always start my day with protein pancakes!
I make them with egg whites, oats, stevia, cinnamon, crushed pecans and topped with sugar free maple syrup :)
While, I often eat these at other meals as well..it's a delicious start to the day and makes a great pre workout meal too."

Nicole Gray


"My first meal of the day is usually a protein pancake, I mix about 1/3 cup of oatmeal with 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg. I add flax meal and cinnamon, and sometimes I spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on top!"

Carolina Granados


"My first meal is at 6 am after my morning cardio. It's usually 4 egg whites with one teaspoon chia seeds and a teaspoon psyllium and 1/2 cup oats with cinnamon . ;) best meal of the day!!"

Marilena EchoHawk


***If you enjoy reading FigureBikini.com, please help spread the word. Press the LIKE button above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment