Thursday, October 20, 2011

She's New, But Committed!

2011 NPC Continental Championships
Bikini, Class B, Winner

Being that this was my first bikini show, I'm very happy with the results! It was a great experience and I learned a tremendous amount throughout the entire process. I thoroughly enjoyed being surrounded by other competitors with the same goals as myself. I'm looking forward to hitting the national stage next season!

Since this was my first show, I don't have much to compare it to but I now have a better idea of where my strengths and weaknesses lie and how to improve my physique for next season.

I'm constantly manipulating my diet to rev up my metabolism. My diet mainly consists of lean proteins, vegetables and complex carbs. A typical day looks like this:

BREAKFAST: 1/2 cup of oats with 5 egg whites
MEAL ONE: 2 cups of lettuce with an additional cup of veggies and1 plain rice cake as with balsamic vinegar and a Tbsp of Olive oil as dressing.
MEAL TWO: Eat 4 oz of chicken with 1 cup of green beans and 1/2 cup of brown rice
MEAL THREE: 30 gram low carb low fat protein shake with half a banana added to it and a tbsp of PB or almond butter.
MEAL FOUR: 4 to 6 oz of chicken with 12 asparagus spears and 1 rice cake MEAL FIVE: 5 oz of a white fish with 1/3 cup of brown rice

As far as training goes, I combine heavy lifting, plyometrics, sprints and HIIT cardio. I also incorporate longer cardio sessions into my training. For example, a 45 minute run or an hour speed bike ride. This has seemed to work best for my body.

I was always involved in sports growing up and have a very competitive streak. I started lifting weights back in high school and really fell in love with it. Last year, I realized I needed to step it up a notch. I found myself looking for a new goal and a new challenge. Competing has given me a reason to push myself harder and get my body in shape to look its absolute best. It also allows me to challenge myself physically and mentally on a daily basis.

I can't thank my family and friends enough for the support throughout this entire process! Also, I want to thank my trainer and coach. I couldn't have done this without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment