Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dawn Weigum - Eyeing NPC Bikini Nationals

Name: Dawn Weigum
Age: 30
Ht: 5'8
Wt/Contest Wt: 125 lb / 118 lb
Hometown: Littleton, CO

I just started in 2011. First competition was the Mile High in June 2011 and I took third in Bikini D Novice and third in Bikini height class D. My second competition was the Colorado State in July and I took third in Bikini height class E. I am hopefully headed to nationals in November in Miami.

I have always been active since I was a little girl from riding bikes, roller blading,to running and hiking. I also was active in doing sports as a teenager and working out in my adult life. But at the beginning of 2011, I made the decision to get into the best shape of my life and be bikini ready for my 30th birthday that was happening later in the year. 2011 was all about feeling good inside and out! I started up training with Erica Cobb after seeing her post on facebook calling for new teammates to join in while she got prepped for Jr. Nationals at The Gym with her trainer. I jumped at the chance and began doing daily cardio blasts, lifting weights several times a week and joining in on the conditioning classes at The Gym. It was up every morning at 6 am for an hour of cardio 6 days a week! There is no better way to start your day then with cardio!

My diet consisted of high protein, low clean carbs such as oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and brown rice. I ate lots of spinach, and asparagus along with protein shakes. It was important to eat every 3 hours and to take in a proper amount of water as well, around 80-100 oz a day. Sugar, junk food, high carbs, and alcohol were all cut from the diet. I used some amazing products to get me through my prep. My V-Core protein shakes (in both vanilla and chocolate) along with a daily vitamin, omega 3's, muscletech creatine,gluamine, B complex vitamin, an D3. And a few cleanses here and there with Cleanse and Lean or the 14 day Jillian Michael's cleanse. Results started showing up within a few weeks! It was truly to see my body continue to shape it something leaner and stronger week after week. And it's true: abs are made in the kitchen!

It was over these first 6 weeks of training the decision was made to try my first body building competition and hit the stage at the Mile High Championships in Denver, CO. The experience was amazing.... and addicting! My suit was custom made by Laura Richardson of Suit Yourself. She has been amazing to work with and the only person I would trust to custom make my suits! All my teammates, the Miss Fits, were great to have around for support, build each other up, hold each other accountable, and practice our posing with. I am so thankful for the encouragement from other friends, family and competitors in the fitness world such as Monica Gregerson, Derek Trombetta, Tracy Brodner, and so many more. My closet friends cheered me on at shows and during the process to keep chasing the dream! I am looking forward to continually training and prepping for nationals. My goal is to get that procard!

Dawn Weigum
Mompreneur, Marketing rep and event planner
NPC Bikini Competitor

Sweet Pea Cakes, etc.
Just Stylin' Baby
Phoenix Rising Events and Marketing
"Make today your best day!"



New Physique Pro,
Marilena EchoHawk,
Q&A

Fresh after winning the Class B Division at the 2011 NPC Team Universe, Marilena joins us on StrengthAddicts to talk about her life, training, and professional goals. This muscular beauty will undeniably make her mark on the professional stage in 2011/2012!

This awesome interview will be available Oct. 20th, so make sure to check the site at that time. An excerpt will also appear right here, on FigureBikini.com.


Reviews with Christian Duque


No comments:

Post a Comment