Saturday, October 29, 2011

Maggie Rung - Yoga, Figure 'n More!

Name: Maggie Rung
Height: 5’3 ½”
Contest Weight: 118
Off Season: 130
Age: 35
From: Montgomery, Illinois

I first started lifting in 2000; I found it fascinating that you could alter your physique with the use of weight training, proper nutrition and change in lifestyle. In 2009, I became a Certified Yoga Instructor and started my own business Wild Orchid Yoga. Incorporating yoga into my weight training regimen has added strength and flexibility to my body. Currently, I am doing an apprenticeship at Jakked Hardcore Gym in Montgomery while I obtain my Personal Training Certification. There is nothing more rewarding to me then helping others achieve their fitness goals.

Throughout the years I have been told by several people that I should compete. My Jakked Hardcore Family finally talked me into competing in my first show; The 2011 NPC Continental USA. My trainer Joe Somma from Jakked Hardcore took me under his wings and helped me mold the perfect body for a figure competition. He guaranteed me only one thing; that I would be in the best shape of my life. I had no expectations coming into the show except that I was going to have fun and enjoy the experience and I did! All the hard work and dedication paid off; I won First Place in Masters 35 – 39, I was titled Masters Figure Overall Champion, I won First Place in Figure B and I was titled The 2011 NPC Continental USA Figure Overall Champion!!!!! It was one of the best days of my life!

I would like to thank my husband Wiley for always believing in me and for being the backbone of my success, he is my biggest cheerleader! I would love to thank my second home Jakked Hardcore Gym and especially the owners Byron and Tami Hicks for creating a gym that caters to the success of serious athletes and their goals. I have to thank my awesome trainer Joe Somma for being the brains behind my training, successful nutrition plan and for pushing me to become a successful figure competitor. I would like to thank Michelle Bain of USA Gym, for being an outstanding figure coach. I would also like to thank Jeff Johnson the Contest Director of The Continental USA for making my first competition such a great experience and thanks to all the other competitors of the show for being so helpful and nice to me backstage. And last but certainly not least, I would like to thank all of my friends and family who came out to support me the day of the show, you guys made the experience extra special.


To read about Maggie's typical diet and to see what she has planned for the future, make sure to check out her page and more photos at StrengthAddicts.com.

Website Profiles!

Starting Saturday night, all the ladies that have participated here, at FigureBikini.com, will have their profile pages at StrengthAddicts.com. This feature will enable readers to see all the photos you submitted, plus it will include updates on what's going on in your careers. One of the driving forces behind both sites, is help create good role models, and assist said athletes in getting sponsored and making money in the fitness industry. While StrengthAddicts and FigureBikini are small, independently run sites (in no way as expansive as Bodybuilding.com or RxMuscle.com), they serve an important purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment