Sunday, July 24, 2011

Venezuelan Goddess in Miami


"I am 5’4” and usually walk around at 135 lbs. I was born in Caracas, Venezuela and Moved to Miami, Florida where I have lived since I was 6 years old. I had always been an athlete considering having been a dancer, cheerleader, cross country and distance track runner. After having ran cross country for St.John’s University my freshman season on a winter break vacation back home I was involved in a serious car accident. I have in result had to stop running competitively and therefore got out of shape. I began to weight train since I had gotten out of shape due to going from running 20 miles a day to doing absolutely no exercise. I ran across two of my former coaches Pablo Mills and Andre Vaughn who said I should do a teenage figure show due to the potential that my body displayed. I won that first teenage show and as I always was a “performer” I fell in love with the sport of Figure Modeling.

I am currently 17 weeks out and have already begun to prep for the 2011 NPC Nationals event in my own backyard Downtown Miami, Florida. Hope to see you all out there cheering on and supporting me and many others of your favorite athletes!"

Erika Otero is certainly a name to watch in the NPC nat'l figure circuit. She caught my eye, when she placed 5th/Class B at the 2011 NPC Team Universe competition. The NPC Team Universe is known as the superbowl of the tested shows, it's a place where the very best come to do battle, in hopes earning an IFBB Pro Card. Placing Top 5 in a class with over fifteen competitors, is no joke!

But now... Erika, like any hometown favorite, has the comfort of knowing family, friends, and gym are close by -- but the ante is also that much higher. She needs to bring what she brought to Team U, but better. She's go the time, and after a truly inspiring placing, she has the self-confidence to really take her training, diet, and overall prep to the next level. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment