Tuesday, July 19, 2011

IPFA Figure Pro Prepares for 2012!

IFPA Figure Pro, Nicole Gray

This off season has been full of many up and downs, but overall I have genuinely enjoyed it.

I work with my trainer, IFPA Pro Bodybuilder Joe Franco, year 'round and he has been training me heavy and hard to put on the size in order to competitive at the next level. I've been utilizing a 4 day body part split with some powerlifting thrown in as well. I have seen my strength go through the roof and I have been making fantastic gains. Unfortunately, I have also had to endure some bumps along the way. I was training through a bruised rib cage which I had to alter my training around and eventually a break from the gym altogether was necessary. After getting back in the swing of things, I tweaked my lower back! I have had to make slight alterations to my training but it isn't stopping me or slowing me down.

My trainer has been having me training heavy and hard, sticking with body part splits with a little powerlifting thrown in as well. I have seen my strength go through the roof and I have been definitely putting on the size in order to competitive at the next level. Unfortunately, I have also had to endure some bumps along the way. I was training through a bruised rib cage which I had to alter my training around and eventually a break from the gym altogether was necessary. After getting back in the swing of things, I tweaked my lower back! I have had to make slight alterations to my training but it isnt stopping me or slowing me down.

My diet in the off season doesn't change much from my contest prep diet. I stick with lean proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats...just a higher volume. Of course, I do allow myself room for some cheat meals and a little more freedom to enjoy some guilty pleasures here and there. I maintain a steady supplement regimen as well. Champion Nutrition has helped to support me and my goals with great products to keep my body fueled, recovering properly as well as aiding me in getting adequate rest...Which are all imperative to succeed in the sport.

I've got about six months left to continue my progress and build for next season before my prep beings. One thing is for sure, when I step on the IFPA Pro stage, I will have given it all that I have and that is all an athlete can do. I hope to make Joe Franco, Champion Nutrition and all those who support me along the way, proud when I take the stage!
 

NPC Figure Superstar, Ashley Lemmons Speaks!
Don't Miss This Great Interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment