Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Was Figure Star Margarita Beale Robbed?

She's one of the most talented Figure Stars in the Michigan circuit; she's been on national stages, and people rush her for photos. She's an artist; she's bilingual. Margarita Beale has a great deal to offer the sport of Figure. She makes the sacrifices to get on stage, and her dedication to the support stays strong, even in the face of defeat.

But this past Saturday, Margarita believes was something worse than defeat. A champion wins some, loses some. But she took exception with Judge Rhonda K. Jones, who she believes didn't even lift her head to assess her physique when she walked on stage. Ms. Jones also ranked Ms. Beale dead last.

I don't know what happened, but I do know that Ms. Jones blocked me on facebook (for what reason - I don't know). I understand that we're only human, but if you're going to serve as a judge, you need to at least appear as if you're doing your job. To not even look up is just shameful.

I wasn't there and I'm basing my opinion strictly on the word of a very close friend, Margarita Beale, but her perception is 100% accurate, then I don't think Ms. Smith should be allowed to judge for a quite a long time.

We need to have some accountability in the judging panel at local shows. Outside drama, Team affiliations, and/or personal reservations cannot creep into the scorecards. That's my two cents on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment