Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kerri's Revolution - A Life Changing Decision!



Name: KerriAnn Baker
Age: 35
Ht: 5’9
Contest Weight: 135
Regular Weight: 140
Hometown: Covington, WA

"I spent the majority of my 20’s very overweight. After weighing in at 238 at a doctor appointment at age 26, I decided it was time to learn how to take better care of myself. I immediately hired a personal trainer, learned how to eat clean and within a year, found a passion for health and fitness I never knew could exist.


 In 2010, I was inspired by an article I read in Oxygen Magazine about Jamie Eason and it triggered something inside me to take my fitness to the next level. I loved how she absolutely glowed – she seemed to radiate health and fitness and I wanted to experience that! I spent the next year working with an amazing trainer, researching everything I could about clean eating, and learning the ropes of competing and placed 1st in my very first bikini competition in June of 2011 – I was hooked! 




 In 2011, I continued to surround myself with positive, motivating women who also enjoy the sport of competing. I made it my entire world! Waking up at 5am for cardio is much easier when you can scroll through your Facebook posts and hear from fit women all around the country that are already up getting after it. Slowly, my friends that weren’t supportive of my new healthy lifestyle fell away and I found myself surrounded with nothing but support and motivation. I started training with Team Bombshell in late 2011 and my goal for 2012 is to hit the stage READY and hopefully qualify to compete in a national show. I currently train 6 days a week and keep my diet very clean with lots of lean proteins and healthy carbs like sweet potatoes and brown rice. I’ve also found that eating clean and healthy can taste great – but it also makes you FEEL great. I really have adopted the mentality that food is my fuel – so fueling up with the ‘good stuff’ makes me run better. I recently started a fitness page for fun to track my progress, post fun healthy recipes, and connect with other fitness enthusiasts at www.facebook.com/kerribfitness that has been a ton of fun.
 


One thing that keeps me going is my support systems - I am blessed to have amazing support in my life including all the coaches at Team Bombshell, other fitness competitors who understand how challenging this sport can be, and my wonderful boyfriend, Justin, who helps keep me inspired and uses his amazing grillmaster skills to help me with my weekly food prep! Staying motivated is so much easier when the people in my day-to-day life are supportive and give me the extra push I need to get through the day, and I’ll never stop appreciating that."

Kerri Baker

___________________________________________________________________________________

Editor's Notes

It's great to see a person that once had weight issues and was able to get in shape - without having a huge chip on her shoulder or being difficult to work with. It looks like Kerri did what she needed to do, revolutionized her body, linked up with Team Bombshell and now - the sky's the limit. This is the kind of story that truly motivates people. And I want to thank this awesome girl for sharing her story with us.

You will all be seeing much more of Kerri, as well as reading much of input on our polls and articles. I expect great things out of her, and I will make sure to keep all of you informed on any developments in her career. Finally, I just "liked" her Official Facebook page, so please - go over there and do so as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment