Wednesday, January 30, 2013

More Muscle-Building Meals from the Stars!

Holland's Hot Greek Salad recipe:
Lots of fresh baby spinach
Chopped red onions
Diced roma tomatoes
Reduced Fat Feta Cheese
4 Oz chicken
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil PAM

Heat up a big skillet and spray a little PAM. Throw on the spinach, onions, and tomatoes. Add the Olive oil and spray a little butter. Only cook for a little. Take it all off and put it on your plate. Throw on the chicken it if it not already hot, add a little more spinach, tomatoes, and onions. Once warm, take it off and put it on top of your other spinach. Add the feta to top it off! Easy and delicious!

Update from Holland for 2013
"My plan for the next upcoming year is to continue to compete in Physique. I have a photo shoot in LA on Feb 9th! Then, I plan on entering the Musclecontest.com show on March 9th in Culver City! Later, I will compete at a National show, but I haven't decided which one yet. Currently, I am working on my muscular development and balancing out my body."

Please follow my facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holland-Canter-Fanpage/254252268018193


Paleo Turkey Meatballs and Squash Noodles!
These meatballs are delish enough to stand alone- I’ve even crumbled them over a salad…….mmmmmmmmmmmm.

YOU WILL NEED:
-1 lb ground meat (I say ground meat because ANY kind you want works. I like 99% lean ground turkey best)
-1/4 cup flax meal or almond meal
-2 egg whites
-2.5 scallions, chopped
-1 glove of garlic, minced
-1/2 TBSP dried basil
-1/2 TBSP dried oregano
- 1/4 cup low sodium organic vegetable broth
-1 large spaghetti squash (for the “noodles”)

Preheat the oven to 400. Put ALL INGREDIENTS into a bowl and get your hands in there. Mix it up well. This should give you at least 24 meatballs unless you’re making king sized meat patties (and hey that’s up to you!) and place on two baking pans lined with foil. Bake for 15 minutes or so- don't overtake as turkey dries out fast.

THATS IT!!!!!

Now to do the “noodles” you’ll want to turn the oven DOWN to 350 and cut the squash in half lengthwise. Place the cut side DOWN in a baking dish filled about 1/4 of the way full with water. Cook about 30 minutes then turn over and cook until the squash becomes soft all the way through. I do the poke test myself to check it. Then, using a fork, shred the squash so it curls out into “noodles”. Toss it with some no salt added or low sodium tomato sauce and add the meatballs.

And please follow my fb page, or my blog www.fitpaleo.com or www.alli-fitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment