Thursday, July 5, 2012

Figure Star Prepares for Team Universe

This contest prep has been the smoothest prep I’ve ever experienced. This is my third year competing and I feel like I now know what to expect as far as plateaus and exhaustion so I was definitely better prepared mentally for this season. The first show I did this year was a warm up show 11 weeks into my prep and I competed in bikini… My placement was not good and my critique was to “tighten up” my butt…needless to say my heart is in figure and I do not plan on competing in bikini class ever again. My next show was 13 weeks in at the Southeastern Gold’s Classic which was a national qualifier. I went into the show knowing I would not be at my peak, and I did not carb up at all. I took first in my height class out of seven women and scored 2nd in overall. I was really happy with the results from that show and it gave me the boost I need to keep pushing hard towards Team Universe.

In 2 weeks I will be competing at Team Universe which will be my first national show where I have competed in the women’s class. I’m currently working with Greg Hasberry who has me on a very strict diet that is extremely low carb and my protein sources are all from chicken or tilapia. We do plan on carbing me up for this show so I can come in looking as good as possible. Two weeks after Team Universe I will be going to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to compete at Teen Nationals for the second year. I’m really hoping to take overall this time, and I plan on working my butt off to get it!

Also I will be attending Auburn University at the start of the fall semester to get my degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. I’m really looking forward to the journey ahead of me and I hope everyone reading will continue to push towards their goals no matter how big they are. Consistency is key and you can achieve anything if you put the time and effort into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment