Monday, January 23, 2012

Make Some Noise for Karrie Midwood!

Name: Karrie Midwood
Age: 30
Ht: 5’4”
Contest Weight: 112
Regular Weight: 130
Hometown: Federal Way

"It has always been a dream of mine to compete in figure. I remember the very first time I saw a figure competitor working out at 24 Hour Fitness. She was toned and muscular with great abs. I thought it was so cool how weight lifting and cardio can completely transform your body. From that day forward, I learned that you can be proactive in the shape of your body and that there are other options then liposuction and cosmetic surgery. I got a job working at 24 Hour Fitness when I was 19 years old and started learning the ropes of the weight lifting world. I have been hooked ever since.

In March of 2011 I decided that I was going to live my dream. I joined Construction Zone for my nutrition and Save Fitness for posing. Construction Zone, Pete Grubbs, did a great job with my nutrition. He helped bring me in 2nd place for my first competition, WA State Open, and 1st place for my second competition, NW Championships. I could have not done this well also without joining Save Fitness, Tanji Johnson. She really helped me refine my posing and gave me the diva confidence to get on stage and present my body in the best possible manner.

As all competitors are aware of, you have to have a great support team behind you as you embark on this journey. You hit many ups and downs along the way and it is important to have a team of supporters to catch you as you fall and push you back up. God has been my rock and foundation along this journey. He has given me the ability to push past my inner being and has given me the discipline to push beyond what I think my limits are.

My mom, Karen Bartels, was my number one fan club. She really helped me keep my eye on taking home the trophy for first place. My friends were really supportive and encouraged me to keep going when I said I wanted to give up. My boyfriend at the time, Doney Dawson, was really supportive during my second competition. He would send me pictures with a trophy on the mantel to keep me motivated. When I was struggling with my meal plan he helped me come up with new ways to cook to make the food taste better. This really helped me to be successful with my meal plan and not cheat. I am extremely appreciative of all my friends and family and really want to thank them. I could have not have done it without them in my corner.

As for me and the future of competing, I plan on doing the Emerald Cup in April. This is their 30th year anniversary and I think it would be fun to partake in their celebration. I am currently 14 weeks out from competition. This is the peak of the buckle down and grind time which means I am back on my meal plan and more focused than ever. My meal plan consists of white meats such as chicken, ground turkey, and fish and good quality low glycemic carbohydrates such as oatmeal, yams and red potatoes and all the vegetables I can think of. I am excited to see what I can accomplish in the 2012 season and look forward to being a tough competitor."

Karrie Midwood


Editor's Notes

Ok... I've been waiting for this feature for a while, but I knew Karrie would come through, so like with some of you, I kept the pressure up. Check out this truly amazing champion and tell me it wasn't worth it?! And what's up with Federal Way? Is this like the new, big secret in the physique world? Do you people do anything but diet and train out there? lol

But it's really cool to see that this wonderful physique didn't come without a lot of sacrifice, an amazing team, and a great support system. Thanks Karrie - I am truly grateful that I was able to include you on FigureBikini.com!


Editor's Updates

I'm super stoked to let everyone know that we have an easier way for you to check FigureBikini.com on facebook -- just go to http://facebook.com/FigureBikini and there you are. You can also press the "Like" button on this very page (provided you're logged into fb). As of the last time I checked, our page is upto 462 likes!!!

Also, Hunnika Rodriguez will be on the cover of our Official Twitter Page and Abby Clark will be on the cover of our Facebook page until this time in February!! I hope you can "like us" on Facebook & "follow us" on Twitter. Thank you to all for your continued friendship, participation, and support!!!

Christian Duque


1 comment:

  1. You're truly inspirational Karrie <3
    I can't wait to see what you're going to bring in 2012!!!
    Hunnika

    ReplyDelete