Friday, January 6, 2012

Alaska's Own, Diane Singh!!!

Name: Diane Singh
Age: 35
Ht: 5'2"
Contest Weight: 110
Regular Weight: 120
Hometown: Anchorage AK

I started lifting in Jan of 2009. I was dealing with a lot of changes in my life and a lot of uncertainty so I turned to the gym as a way to reduce stress and stay focused. I was inspired by some other mothers who were competitors in bodybuilding. So I decided to try it out and looked for a trainer. My first show was a local competition in Anchorage Alaska in October of 2009. I enjoyed the stage and the excitement of competing. Since then I have competed in 10 shows both local, national, and international levels. My best accomplishment and proudest moment competing was when I took 3rd place at the Arnold Amateur International March 2011.


My diet is basically similar to a lot of competitors. Breakfast I have egg whites and oatmeal, lunch and dinner is chicken breast, broccoli, and brown rice. For snack I will have EAS Body For Life low carb shakes.

I would like to thank my husband and 4 year old son for supporting me and enjoying my journey as much as I have. I would also like to thank my trainer Valentina Chepiga Ms Olympia 2000. She also designed many of my suits.

Right now I am taking a year off to focus on other goals. I got a new job as the State Fitness Coordinator for the Alaska National Guard and started my own business as a fitness life coach (www.believeourbody.co). I am excited for the new year and what's to come. Competing is definitely not over. I will be back!


Editor's Notes

I can't begin to say how good it makes me feel to read about anyone that goes goes into they gym - with a heavy heart - and comes out a new person. There's so much more that can be achieved through our way of life, than stronger bodies and/or even leading healthier lifestyles. There's a great deal of self-esteem, confidence, and self-discipline that's earned with each rep, with each boring "healthy" meal, with each delicious (or sometimes lumpy and lukewarm) protein shake, etc. I myself joined the gym as a result of a bad break-up in 2005 -- and I can't thank that backstabbing crow more! lol Thanks to the gym, I kicked a 12yr smoking habit and I began to care about how I looked and more so about how I felt -- as a person.

Diane Singh was inspired by the other mothers, she was going through some rough times, but look at her now! She's done over 10 shows, trained and outfitted by a Fmr. Ms. Olympia, and deadset on making her return to the stage. Good for her! I am very happy to feature her, here on FigureBikini.com. If you're on Facebook, it would be good on you to drop her a line, a poke, or even a friend request if you feel so inclined. Thanks again!


Hunnika Rodriguez was ON FIRE in 2011, taking Class & Overall wins in Bikini at the NPC Iron Mountain Championships and the NPC Northwestern Championships, but she's only just got started. With only a week into the new year, this rising [SUPER] star has already been tapped to appear in Oxygen Magazine for the March edition's "Future Fitness" section! Nonetheless, your support would be very much appreciated by logging onto Hunnika' newly launched page on Facebook (Click Here).

Networking is very important for those working in the industry, but it's also a fantastic way for us fans to let these hard working athletes know, that we really believe in them! Make sure to check out all the cool pages featured here on FigureBikini.com. Also keep in mind, that unlike the old Facebook groups, Facebook pages do not fill up your inbox or clutter your screen. Facebook has done a great job of allowing you to network (if you choose) without that feature becoming overly intrusive into your other activities on their site.

And of course...if you like FigureBikini.com, you can totally press that "like" button on the top of this page as well (I mean, while you're at it...lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment